Representing Landlords and Tenants. Protecting your rights and your interests
Landlord – Tenant Disputes and Evictions
Our firm represents residential and commercial landlords as well as tenants throughout the greater Boston area.
- Sanitary Code claims by tenants
- tenants’ retaliation claims
- tenants’ Consumer Protection claims
- defective premises claims
- rental housing discrimination claims
- tenant’s lead paint and discrimination
We have brought evictions for numerous reasons, such as:
- eviction of former owners of foreclosed property
- eviction of former tenants of foreclosed property
- eviction for nonpayment of rent or for cause
- eviction of market-rate tenants for failure to pay rent increases
- eviction of subsidized tenants
Residential Landlord – Tenant
- The laws protecting residential tenants in Massachusetts
- The safeguards for tenants’ rights include Housing Court, legal services, and state agencies established to protect tenants in the Commonwealth.
- Fee-shifting statutes allow a prevailing residential tenant’s attorneys to be paid by the losing landlord
- Because the Massachusetts residential landlord is seemingly at a distinct disadvantage compared to the Massachusetts residential tenant, it is imperative you seek the services of experienced attorneys.